- Compiling for GNU/Linux distribution
- Get source from launchpad
- Malicious warning from your browser (chrome)
- Install on Mac OS X
Get source from launchpad
Please visit LaunchPad help page related to this.
Compiling for GNU/Linux distribution
The compiling instruction will differ depending on the distribution you uses.
- automake tools
- libgtk3.0 development files
- libofx development files
- libsoup development files
- intltool (if you have problems with .po file compilation)
Here are the instructions for compiling on debian/ubuntu:
- open a terminal
sudo apt-get install build-essential libgtk-3-dev libofx6 libofx-dev libsoup2.4 libsoup2.4-dev intltool
- uncompress the archive file:
tar -zxpf homebank-x.x.tar.gz
- move to HomeBank folder:
sudo make install
Malicious warning from your browser (chrome)This occurs only for Google Chrome web browser users:
The installer file HomeBank-x.y.z-setup.exe is sometimes reported as malicious for some obvious reason but it is not, it's a false positive.
Be reassured, you can double check by yourself. As a first step, you can check with an online security solution, like virustotal or f-secure.
Second step, if you need to be more reassured you can do a deep scan of the installer file with your antivirus after download.
If someone were to find a true positive result, then he can contact me
Install on Mac OS X
First, this is a third party port, so if you encounter problems installing HomeBank, in despite of the instuctions below that were provided by a mac user, please try to get some help on macports, or brew or on a mac dedicated forum.
Using Homebrew package
using command in terminal
- 1. proceed homebrew package manager:
$ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.github.com/mxcl/homebrew/go)"
- 2. proceed Homebank:
$brew install homebank
Using MacPort (on Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- 0. Check X11 is installed, if not, you have to use your Mac OS X Installation DVD to install it
- 1. Install MacPort: http://www.macports.org/install.php
- 2.Start a Terminal
- 3. Type: sudo port install homebank
- This gives error "install-sh: Permission denied" as reported here: https://svn.macports.org/ticket/24431
- The cause of error is that "install-sh" has no execute rights
- To fix that problem, do three more steps:
- 3a. Type: cd /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_homebank/work/destroot/opt/local/bin
- 3b. Type: sudo chmod 755 install-sh
- 3c. Type: sudo port install homebank
- 4. Start Applications/Utilities/X11
- 5. Type: homebank
When icons are missing (e.g. at the toolbar), do three more steps
- Exit the HomeBank application
- At Termnial, type: sudo port install hicolor-icon-theme
- At X11, type: homebank